McCarthy-Pope House, 1809-10
Address: Pulaski St. (Old Clinton Rd), near intersection of Washington St. This is the oldest surviving house in Clinton. It is thought to have been built by Roger McCarthy, one of the earliest settlers of Jones County. A later resident, Charles McCarthy, was Clerk of the Superior Court.
Parrish-Billue House, 1810
Address: 412 Madison St. The builder of this house is unknown. Captain Jonathon Parrish and his wife, Nancy Slatter Parrish, lived here from early in the 1800s until their deaths in 1861. Click here for an illustrated history of the house.
More to come about other houses and buildings…